Monday, September 19, 2011

The Cremorne

http://www.thecremorne.com.au/

Located in the heart of Unley, the Cremorne has a lively yet swanky feel to it. The bar and restaurant areas are both well presented and spacious, and you feel like you are surrounded by a higher class of people. Even though they’re still all getting drunk. Since the re-development, the Cremorne has a very modern feel to it, and provides a great environment for a casual night of dinner and drinks without having to head into town. I figured that a schnitzel at such a classy joint would have to be of the highest quality, especially at dinner time on a Saturday night. And at $18, I was hoping so. The meal was well presented, with quality chips and a generous salad. The schnitzel had a good texture, and a herb-encrusted crumbing, which gave it a little something different. But aside from that, I was unimpressed. The meat was not particularly flavoursome, and the size certainly didn’t blow me away. Like so many other schnitties I’ve eaten on this journey, it was ok without being special. Certainly not one that I would rave to my mates about.

The Verdict: Not bad, but a little bland. Nice place to eat and drink though. Taste: 3/5, Size: 3/5, Value: 3/5, Sides 3.5/5, Experience 4.5/5.
Total: 68%