Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Rosemont

http://www.rosemonthotel.com.au/

The least classy establishment on the least classy street in all of Adelaide, but the lure of a twelve dollar schnitzel got me through the doors. There really wasn’t a lot to rave about – the schnitty was pretty good for the small sum of money I paid, but I suppose that at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. And I didn’t pay for a lot. In terms of size, quality, taste, texture etc, the schnitty certainly achieved a pass mark, without being anything fancy. The chips were thin and unsatisfactory, although the staff were quite friendly, even giving me a free hot chocolate.

The Verdict: This is a place to get hammered and watch horse-racing. Don’t expect an amazing schnitzel. But expect to pay a fair price for an average one.

Taste 3/5, Size 3/5, Value 4/5, Sides 3/5, Experience 3/5
Total 64%