Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Navigator’s Inn, Port Lincoln

I arrived at the hotel at night after a whole day’s driving. I was tired, I was hungry, and the only other option for dinner was a seedy looking takeaway shop across the road. And as I checked in, I was informed that it was schnitzel night at the hotel restaurant downstairs.

Well, who am I to resist fate? I made my order, dumped my bags in my room, then came back to get a taste of Port Lincoln’s schnitzel offerings.

Let’s just say, I hope there are better schnitzels elsewhere in Port Lincoln. This one was real average. For $12 I guess I couldn’t really have asked for too much – and, to be fair, the chips, gravy and salad were decent. But there was very little meat in the schnitzel.

The verdict: Not a bad little inn to stay at, and the restaurant was quite nice. Maybe I’ll go on steak night next time though…

Taste: 2.5/5, Size: 2/5, Value: 3/5, Sides: 3.5/5, Dining Experience: 4/5
Overall: 60%

clip_image001