Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Tap Inn

http://www.tapinn.com.au/

All the times I’ve been to the Tap Inn for drinks, and I’ve never had a schnitzel there. For the shame. But tonight I finally righted that wrong, and with positive results. I was served up with the thickest chicken schnitzel that I’ve encountered so far on this culinary voyage of discovery. The meat hadn’t been processed or battered and flattened to oblivion. Nor had it been disdainfully tossed into a deep-fryer and served on a plate, still dripping with oil, when it looked ready. No, this was a thick, succulent, real chicken breast, nicely crumbed and fried to perfection. A delicious meal, which didn’t leave me feeling completely stuffed afterwards.image

It was served up with one of the most colourful salads I’ve ever encountered – consisting of every imaginable type of capsicum, along with tomato, cucumber and fetta. It was a complete contrast to most other salads, which are basically just lettuce. The chips were quite nice, with a tasty herb seasoning, although a few more would have been nice. Overall, for $20 (including gravy), I feel as though I got my money’s worth.

The Tap Inn itself is a quality place, with outdoor seating, front bar, semi-casual &formal dining areas and an indoor driving range for golf enthusiasts. A good place to go, no matter what sort of event you are organising.

The Verdict: This was a very high quality schnitzel, which left me satisfied, but not too full.

Taste 5/5, Size 4/5, Value 3.5/5, Sides 4/5, Experience 4/5
Total 82%