Monday, October 17, 2011

Goodwood Hotel

http://www.thegoody.com.au/

Once again, the lure of a ten dollar schnitzel proved deliciously and economically irresistible. And for such a cheap schnitzel, the quality was surprisingly high. For that sort of price, the size and quality are never going to be jaw-dropping, but I was very happy with the value for money here on the Goody’s schnitzel nights (Monday and Tuesday). My beef schnitty with gravy was far from the worst I’ve had (I paid double at the Ox, didn’t get gravy, and received something of much lesser quality), and Nathan’s beef Kilpatrick smelt so good I was worried it would distract passing motorists. The chips and salad were also much better than I would have expected for such a small price.

This establishment offers a classy dining room, a tasteful front bar with plenty of seating, and a spacious beer garden on Goodwood Road. I’ll definitely be back.

Taste 4/5, Size 3/5, Value 4/5, Sides 3.5/5, Experience 4/5.
Total 74%