Monday, February 13, 2012

Fasta Pasta

Perhaps a bit unfair, since people generally don’t walk into Fasta Pasta intending to order a schnitzel. Kinda like choosing the salad at Maccas really. But if a restaurant has schnitzel or parmi on the menu, then as far as we’re concerned, it’s fair game to be reviewed. At $16.90 for a schnitzel or a parmi, the price was competitive. The meal was delivered in reasonable time (not so long that I got bored, not so quickly that I suspected it had been pre-cooked and reheated), and was well-presented. The schnitzel itself wasn’t huge, nor was it particularly flavoursome (the restaurant didn’t have any gravy because, well, nobody has gravy with their pasta. Fair enough, I guess), but the chips were of a very high quality. I would go as far as to say that the chips were up there with the best I have had so far on this journey. At Fasta Pasta of all places. The salad was simple, but the presence of cherry tomatoes was a nice touch. The restaurant itself had a pleasant environment – it was spacious enough to hold a conversation with fellow diners, although not the classy sort of place I would select to impress a girl. Overall, I didn’t regret getting the schnitzel, but I wouldn’t rave about its quality or quantity.

image

The Verdict: If, like me, you find yourself in a pasta restaurant when you don’t like pasta, this schnitty isn’t the worst going around.

Taste: 3/5, Size: 2.5/5, Value: 3/5, Sides: 4.5/5, Dining Experience: 3.5/5
Overall: 66%