Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Hilton (on South Road)

 

The Hilton Wagyu Beef Burger was recently voted Adelaide’s number one burger, and so a friend organised for a large group of us to go along one night and check it out for ourselves. Naturally, I ordered the schnitzel. It arrived on the table well presented, with an impressive accompaniment of chips and salad, and of reasonable size. Like so many other schnitzels, the quality was good without being anything special. At $15, I felt like I got value for my money. But the guys who got the burger (that is, everyone except me) were unanimous – the people who judged that burger contest were spot on. The Hilton Wagyu Beef Burger really is worth the hype.

The Verdict: The schnitty here is good value for money, although burger-lovers will find the prize-winning wagyu hard to top.

Taste: 3.5/5, Size: 3/5, Value: 4/5, Sides: 4/5, Dining Experience: 4/5
Overall: 74%